BAUHAUS DESSAU FOUNDATION
Taschenbuch 21 - Bauhaus World Heritage Site
Between 1919 and 1933 the Bauhaus revolutionized the notions of architecture and methods in design and construction that had hitherto prevailed. The buildings conceived by Walter Gropius and Hannes Meyer had a lasting influence on the architecture of the twentieth century. Accordingly, the Bauhaus buildings in Weimar and Dessau were added to the list of World Heritage Sites in 1996. This paperback is published mark UNESCOs inclusion of a number of other buildings, among them the Balcony Access Houses, the Trade Union School of the ADGB in Bernau, the Haus am Horn, and the Grand Ducal-Saxon Academy of Fine Arts in Weimar as well as the former Grand Ducal-Saxon Academy of Applied Arts in Weimar.
Edited by: Bauhaus Dessau Foundation
Texts by: Monika Markgraf, Ralph Paschke, Michael Siebenbrodt, Ulrike Wendland, Dörte Wetzler
Graphic design: Hort
Layout: 176 pages, numerous b&w and colour illustrations, softcover